We've all been there... You need to get more out of the time you do put into social media marketing because you just don't have more time to spend! It's perhaps the biggest issue facing small businesses and startups today.
So how do you increase your efficiency and start getting more bang for your social media buck?
Well, using social media to promote your business can be extremely lucrative if you know what to do to make the most of your precious time.
You have to remember that social media is not a short-term game. It takes time and commitment as well as a specific goal in mind.
Start doing these 6 things now to get more engagement, increase your reach, and make more sales on social media!
- Complete Your Profiles – Fill out your profiles completely, using keywords that your audience as well as search engines would use to find you. Show your personality, link to your online real estate, and make sure people can connect with you easily.
- Post Quality Content – When you post anything on social media, take the time to consider whether the content is relevant, has quality components and will give your audience a reason to want to keep following you.
- Play the Long Game – Social media marketing results don’t happen overnight. It can take months of consistent and focused activity to get the outcomes that you want. Don’t expect it to happen straight away.
- Add Value – Don’t just like and tweet things without adding something to the conversation that is important. The more value you can add to social media discussions, the more people will want to get to know you and follow, friend and like you.
- Avoid Time Wasters – When you get on social media it’s very tempting to start looking at memes, talk to your friends and family, play Farmville, and pretend you’re working.
- Do Unto Others – If you want people to comment and share your information, be sure that you do the same for other people. The best course of action is if someone markets to your same audience but is not direct competition. Work together to promote each other.
- (Optional but effective) Pay for Promotion – When you are trying to get a more likes, followers or newsletter sign-ups, it’s a good idea to pay for promotion. On Facebook, you can pay to promote particular posts or run a pay-per-click ad relatively inexpensively.
- (Optional but effective) Engage Influencers – Use the search function on all social media networks to find movers and shakers within your industry so that you can engage with them. Getting their attention in a good way will help increase your influence too.
Using social media to promote your business is a great way to get more visitors to your website and make more sales.
But, you have to be willing to be committed to taking the time to do what it takes to reach your goals.
Avoid pretending to “work” on social media (we've all been there) while you’re really just socializing. Set specific goals, develop tactics to reach the goals, and you will be successful.
Start using these strategies and you'll see your social media marketing ROI soar!
-Julie & Jess
Two women on a mission to help you clear the chaos and craft your dream business!
Need more help? We got you! Here are 5 ways we can start working together today!
👉 Download the FREE Your Social Plan and treat yourself to some done-for-you (DFY) posts! https://www.sociallyinclined.com/free-calendar
👉 Join a community of like-minded women entrepreneurs. Join the women-in-business movement, list your products & services, and get connected with Grit Grind & Grace!
👉 Start your Your Social Plan membership today to get 3 posts scheduled for you every single day! https://www.sociallyinclined.com/your-social-plan
👉 Learn how to write AHHHmazing content that attracts your people and gets them to buy! Become an Academy Member and join us for a PRICELESS weekly Content Class! Learn more here. https://www.sociallyinclined.com/offers/UqJZthzE/checkout
👉 Need step-by-step instruction, how-tos, and tutorials on some of the most important tasks you need to grow your business online? Get access to Take Action Training here https://www.sociallyinclined.com/takeaction