Social media algorithms can be daunting to try to understand. However, once you get a grasp of how the algorithm works, you can use it to your advantage. The algorithm is constantly changing and being updated, so it's important to keep up with the latest news.
The definition is constantly evolving, but in general, it can be described as a set of rules that dictate how content is surfaced and displayed on social media platforms. The algorithm is designed to show users the content that they are most likely to be interested in, based on their past behavior.
There are many factors that go into determining what content is shown to a user. Some of these factors include:
-The number of likes and shares a post receives
-The time a post is published
-The keywords in a post
-Who posted the content
-Where the user is located
Users can manipulate these factors to improve the chances of their content being seen. For example, if you want to increase the chances of your content being seen by people who live in your city, you can include local keywords in your post.
Here are 9 tips on how to make the algorithm work for you:
1. Be active: The more active you are on social media, the more likely your content is to be shown.
2. Post often: Try to post content at least once a day.
3. Consistency: Consistency is the key!
4. Be original: Post original content that is not already popular. This will help your content stand out from the rest.
5. Use images and videos: Posts with images and videos tend to get more engagement than posts without.
6. Tag others: When you tag other users in your posts, they are more likely to see it.
7. Use relevant keywords: Keywords are important for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and can help your content be seen by more people.
8. Use hashtags: Hashtags are a great way to get your content seen by more people.
9. Engage with others: Engage with other users, and respond to their comments. The more engaged you are, the more likely your content is to be seen.
Watch the replay of this Live Training and get some industry-specific ideas here:
The social media algorithm can be a great tool to help you get your content seen by more people. By understanding how it works and using the tips above, you can make sure that your content is seen by the people who are most likely to be interested in it.
-Julie & Jess
Two women on a mission to help you clear the chaos and craft your dream business!
Need more help? We got you! Here are 5 ways we can start working together today!
👉 Download the FREE Your Social Plan and treat yourself to some done-for-you (DFY) posts! https://www.sociallyinclined.com/free-calendar
👉 Join a community of like-minded women entrepreneurs. Join the women-in-business movement, list your products & services, and get connected with Grit Grind & Grace!
👉 Start your Your Social Plan membership today to get 3 posts scheduled for you every single day! https://www.sociallyinclined.com/your-social-plan
👉 Learn how to write AHHHmazing content that attracts your people and gets them to buy! Become an Academy Member and join us for a PRICELESS weekly Content Class! Learn more here. https://www.sociallyinclined.com/offers/UqJZthzE/checkout
👉 Need step-by-step instruction, how-tos, and tutorials on some of the most important tasks you need to grow your business online? Get access to Take Action Training here https://www.sociallyinclined.com/takeaction